Monday, February 27, 2012

Pastel Pretty and Neon Brights

Maybe it's the long dark days of winter, or the fact that I was still dreaming about the stunning pumps in my post Silver Tipped Style, or call it a case of the mondays.  Whatever it is I couldn't get color color color out of my mind today!

Like this look by Tara Jarmon whose Champs Elysees boutique is one of my first stops when I'm back in Paris.  You can also get pieces online at one of my new favorite sites Stylebop
This spring it's COLOR!  Tara's look is so spot on to brighten up any work day Friday!
Simple, elegant, and sophisticated, with a splash a girlish charm; oooh that's Tara Jarmon! So fight off those mondays with daydreaming about your Splash of Color Friday!

For Splash of Color Friday J.Crew is your go-to.  
Depending on where you work I'd save the color saturation for a more casual Friday, or for a day you are out for the Courtroom, but take a piece of these looks and you can incorporate that into everyday. 

The most important thing about color is to make sure it complements you! Sure gray and yellow green or orange look amazing together but if it's next to your face it must compliment it.  Same if it's on your legs, you want that color to make them look amazing.   


Work to compliment your complexion first and your eyes second.  When all else fails, you're safe with colorful jewelry, such as a bold necklace and bracelet or a Shout Out Handbag, both exemplified by J.Crew above, also it's a look that I love. 




For that perfect "causal Friday" look for those fashionista like me who tend to steer away from jeans the J.Crew looks above are simply perfection!  

A sequin or fun skirt with a classic 'work' top or a
bold monocolor look are wonderful. Note the colorful bracelets on the all yellow look; mix up a monocolor  base with contrasting shoes, bag, jewelry, belt etc...

We all have a staple or two to make the look above work; and if not ... time to go shopping!


Another J.Crew look I love (but don't tie that top at work) is the classic striped button down with a bold skirt.  I replicated this look with one of my favorite  Brooks Brothers non-irons shirts and a Theory  red velvet skirt; my point, work with your taste for a great colorful look!

 J.Crew has your monocolor look with sophisticated sequins and a bold yellow skirt.



Tara Jarmon rocks the sequin skirt and bold blazer.


Is it the weekend yet?


 J.Crew is ready for that too with bold casual or a sexy monocolor short suit.  Let that blazer come out on the weekends too.  
The best wardrobe is one that can work any day of the week.  

  

Stay tuned for more color incorporation into your very own Corporate Runway



No comments:

Post a Comment